Department: Natural Resources
Job Title: Environmental Assistant Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment: Half-Time (5.5hrs a day, Monday – Friday)
Salary Range: $18.00 Beginner/Negotiable DOE
Supervisor: Environmental Program Coordinator
General Description: The Environmental Assistant Technician works under the supervision of the Environmental Program Coordinator through the Indian General Assistance Program (IGAP). He/she will assist the Environmental Program Coordinator in preparing federal grant proposals and submitting required reports when necessary. He/she will collaboratively coordinate with the Environmental Coordinator and Brownfield Coordinator in efforts to implement environmental activities and assignments as addressed in the IGAP Work Plans, conduct outreach based on environmental education and awareness practices according to the IGAP Work Plans. He/she will receive training region-wide and nationwide and any trainings pertaining to the IGAP Program. He/she will compile environmental data; build administrative capacity & resource development through the environmental network while representing OTNC tribal interests.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Comfortable with computer, experience with word, excel, internet and e-mail system.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have driver’s license.
- Familiar and comfortable with the native community of Bethel.
- Intimate knowledge of Yup’ik culture and lifestyle
- Demonstrates successful experience working with the general public in a positive, attentive manner, and compatible to the level of respect required by OTNC staff.
- Demonstrate a successful working relationship with other staff employees in capacity building
- Self-motivated individual able to carry out program activities and represent agency interests without direct or daily supervision.
OTNC is an equal opportunity employer. Within the concept of Native Preference, all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or other non-merit factor.
To view full job description, please request from Mary Matthias, Environmental Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org