Accurately process and maintains all financial record of ONC, using established policies and procedures to assist in the overall financial management of ONC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Insure various accounting system and internal controls are in place and followed on a consistent basis. Recommend and incorporate changes in system to insure internal accounting controls are in place.
- Directly responsible for daily financial activities of ONC. Controls expenditures of all funds in accordance with contract, grant, organization, or other requirements. Reconcile encumbrances to insure budget balances are accurately reported.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year end activity including bank reconciliation, and filing reports, such as federal tax withholdings, W-2’s, 1099’s, and gaming reports.
- Work with program personnel to prepare and understand program budgets and other program compliance factors.
- Prepares or approves all departmental budgets and participates in grant or contract negotiations.
- Provide program managers and Executive Director with monthly financial reports.
- Arranges for, and coordinates all regulatory and annual independent audits as required by applicable laws, regulations, grant, or contract provisions.
- Safeguards all assets through insurance and other security means.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of ONC.
Qualifications: BA in Accounting and work experience in related field, which includes duties above. Four years of experience performing at the level of staff accountant or accountant. Successfully performing the duties described above may be substituted for the BA degree. Experience working with fund accounting, non-profit or tribal organization, and federal and state grants or related field. Must have computer experience.
ONC is and equal opportunity employer. Within the concept of Native Preference, all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or other non-merit factor(s).
Salary: $53,625.00 Annual DOE