Job Title: Qasgiq Healthy Family Coordinator
Supervisor: Social Services Director
Objective: The Qasgiq Healthy Family Coordinator provides the Qasgiq cycle, Parenting Skills, Healthy Relationships, and Historical Trauma and Healing session in Bethel and Anchorage. The Qasgiq Healthy Family Coordinator collaborates with the service agencies to ensure that the caregivers have the capabilities to resolve conditions that led them to children’ s safety concerns.
Hours per week: 37.5, with full-time benefits.
- Provides Qasgiq Healthy Family classes on a weekly basis.
- One-One Counseling sessions based on individual need .
- Maintaining Group Case Notes to ensure growth and development to build health y relationship skill
- Encourage and motivate participants by giving positive feedback from the initial contact to the end of the Qasgiq sessions.
- Provide a formal Discharge Summary to the referring
- Provide a Certificate of Completion to the participant at the end of the Qasgiq.
- Coordinate Social Services Staffing and Case Reviews .
- Travels to Anchorage to coordinate services to Anchorage Staff and Tribal Members and assist as a Qasgiq “Healthy Families” trainer
- Having participated in Calricaraq/Healthy Family/Qasgiq presentations or trainings.
- Experience working with families, children, and the community service programs.
- Intimate knowledge of the Yup’ik/Cup’ik culture and lifestyles .
- Fluent in the Yup’ik/Cup’ik language preferred.
- Strong communication skills , both oral and written.
- Ability to provide Case Notes and Discharge Summaries
- Demonstrate at least two (2) years of successful experience working with people in helping capacity
- Rural Human Services / Human Services Technology and Bachelor’s in Social Work Degree preferred
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to KKasayulie@NativeCouncil.org