LIHEAP is an acronym for “Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.” LIHEAP provides federally funded financial assistance to low-income NON-SUBSIDIZED households pay home heating and electricity costs by:
- Making payment to home heating suppliers and local utility provider on behalf of eligible household
- 75% to heating, and 25% to electric, or 100% to heating
What assistance does LIHEAP provide?
- Home Heating Assistance (one-time)
- Heating Crisis Assistance (one-time)
- Weatherization and Energy related home repairs
LIHEAP does not pay for the following: Deposits or Reconnect Fees
LIHEAP is NOT available for those living in ASHA, BNC, or AVCP Housing
If you are interested in this program you can contact the following people for assistance.
Moses Tulim, 477 Program Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 907.543.1506
Frank Mojin, 477 Specialist, email: email@example.com, phone number: 907.543.1507
Vivian Glore, 477 Specialist, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number: 907.543.1508
For your convenience you can click the link below for an LIHEAP Assistance application.
You will need Adobe Reader to open the file. If you do not have Adobe Reader you can download one for free by clicking the icon below.