ONC Chief Louie & Helena Andrews
Current projects funding approvals through 2016:
*In-season subsistence harvest monitoring *Chinook Salmon Bio-sampling *Post-season Subsistence Harvest Surveys
*Community Chinook Distribution *Community Permit Harvest Program
- On-going ASL (Age Sex & Length) in-season monitoring program.
- Provides outreach through community meetings, attends the State of Alaska Kuskokwim River Salmon Management Working Group and US Fish and Wildlife Yukon- Kuskokwim Delta Regional Advisory Council meetings, State of Alaska Lower Kuskokwim Advisory Committee, and State of Alaska Bethel Advisory Committee where they present the results of their research.
- Works with youth to participate in fisheries collecting Chinook Samples for Chinook Monitoring Projects.
- Mentors and provides jobs for high school and college students through summer internships.
Fisheries currently has 2 Fisheries Technicians who work at Orutsararmiut Native Council in Bethel on the in-season monitoring and post season surveys.
- Alissa Nadine Rogers, since 2009 (Seasonal In-Season, Regulatory Process)
- Iyana Dull, since 2008-09,2011 (Seasonal In-Season, Post-Season)
Janessa Esquible, FIsheries Biologist
Direct Line: 907-543-0523
Cell phone: 907-545-2005
Alissa Nadine Rogers & Iyana Dull, Fisheries Technicians
Main Line: 907-543-2608
Direct Line: 907-543-0522
Cell phone: 907-545-1272