Orutsararmiut Native Council
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Employment: Full-time, Benefitted, 37.5 hours per week
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Salary Range: $24.10 +, DOE
Supervisor: Executive Director, Self-Governance Director
General Description: Facilitate the efficient operation of the assigned department by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for managing the schedules and communications of the Council, Executive Director, and Self-Governance Director. Their duties include prioritizing emails and phone calls, gathering documents to prepare for meetings and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Responsible for organizing Regular Council meetings, Special Council meetings, committee meetings, Government-Goverment Consultations, and meetings with other entities vital to ONCs operations. Duties include scheduling such meetings, sending reminders, developing draft agendas and memos for review, gathering any supporting documentation, and organizing logistics.
- Develops Council meeting packets and delivers them in a timely manner for Council to review ahead of meetings.
- Takes and/or records dictation and transcribes meeting minutes on computer.
- Coordinates manager’s schedules and makes appointments as requested. Maintains Tribal Council and Committees Google calendar.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations
- Develops a centralized filing system (physical and on the cloud), organizes and maintains filing system, and files correspondence and other records, and maintains accurate and comprehensive records according to records management guidelines.
- When necessary, manages sensitive and confidential information following ONC protocols.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed; Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports. Locates and attaches appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by the employer.
- Answers and screens manager’s phone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Support the Tribal Enrollment department by assisting with committee meetings, agendas, tribal IDs, meeting minutes, etc. as requested.
- Supports the organization by staffing the front Desk as a Back-up
- When appropriate, provide administrative support to other departments within the tribe
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred experience with Microsoft Word and Excel & Google products
Must have strong written and oral communication skills
Must have strong organizational skills
Must be willing to work some evenings
Must have a valid Drivers’ License.
Working Conditions: Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasional prolonged standing/walking, and sitting.
Orutsararmiut Native Council exercises Alaskan Native/American Indian Preference under Public Law 93-638, Section 7(b). In the absence of any suitably qualified Indian applicant, all other applicants will receive equal opportunity for consideration of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org