Orutsararmiut Native Council
Department: Tribal Housing
Job Title: Development Manager
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Employment: Full-Time (7.5hrs a day, Monday – Friday)
Salary Range: $32,000+ per year, DOE
Reports to: Housing Administrator
Under general supervision, perform necessary tasks for proper and timely implementation of ONC Tribal Housing approved development activities related to the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act (NAHASDA), Housing Improvement Program (HIP), where applicable, and others as required. Responsible for all aspects of on-site construction project management and for maintenance/operation management.
● Maintains, Implements. Refines established departmental policies for NAHASDA and BIA HIP Programs, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety.
● Coordinate with housing management to identify eligible applicants for housing assistance for the upcoming program year.
● Assist the Housing Administrator or designee perform detailed housing and site inspections to develop accurate scope of work and budgets for targeted homes and sites for the program year.
● Perform Environmental Reviews on selected sites, and program activities identified in the approved Indian Housing Plan.
● Assist the Housing Administrator or designee prepare procurement documents and maintain documentation.
● Document construction activities and maintain accurate records for the same.
● Maintain status of construction activities undertaken, and provide or maintain status logs of each construction undertaken.
● Provide counseling services on unit features and equipment for those unfamiliar with the unit features and equipment.
● Assist in preparing the Annual Monitoring Report, Annual Performance Report, NAHASDA annual Indian Housing Plan, and HIP applications.
● Maintain established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety
● Reads and understands building plans, reline plans with as-built information.
● Develops unit construction work plan and material takeoffs.
● Assists the Housing Administrator in the preparation of materials and supply procurement for renovations and new construction.
● Works closely with mechanical and electrical contractors to ensure proper, timely, and efficient systems installation.
● Assures proper daily, weekly, and monthly reports are completed.
● Assures personnel keep the work area orderly, clean, and safe.
● Plan, manage and close out projects through to completion, occupancy and the one-year warranty.
● Participates in educational programs, training and in-service meetings as assigned.
● Attends meetings as required
● Perform other related job duties as assigned.
● The incumbent must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Prior experience in HUD/HIP low-income housing programs are preferred, but are not mandatory.
● Good human relations and oral/written communication skills. Valid Alaska Driver License. Bilingual Yupik/English preferred, but not mandatory.
Education and Experience:
● High School diploma or equivalent required.
● 10 years of experience in the construction industry, contract managing preferred but not mandatory.
● Ability to use computerized word processing, database, and spreadsheet required
● Must have ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com, fax to (907)543-2639, or Drop off a resume/cover letter & fill out an application at 117 Alex Hately Dr., Bethel, AK 99559. For more information, contact Charlene Wuya, at 907-543-2608.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org