Orutsararmiut Native Council
Job Title: Human Resource Director (PDF)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment: Full-Time (7.5hrs a day, Monday – Friday)
Salary Range: DOE
Reports to: Executive Director
The Human Resource Director position supports the Human Resource Department in all aspects of Human Resources within ONC. This position supports human resources department objectives primarily by providing service in recruitment, employment processing, records management, employee relations, benefits, and personnel transactions that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes ONC’s core values.
- Respond appropriately to supervisor and employee questions, comments, and/or concerns.
- High level assistance to ONC departments and administration
- Process employment status changes such as new hires, promotions/demotions, transfers, and separations. Keep department heads, supervisors, accounting staff and benefits consultants informed of any pending changes.
- Annual enrollment census for renewal of insurance/retirement
- Handle incident reports/claims
- Perform outreach to community resources as needed
- Supervise the front desk, including:
training front desk staff on the functions of each department and services provided, for both tribal & non-tribal members
- ensure knowledge of accounting processes & procedures, including, but not limited to submitting purchase orders and check requests
- oversee the coordination of auto insurance coverage, accident claims filing & processing between the front desk, staff involved in an auto accident & their supervisors, any affected parties outside of the organization and auto-insurance representatives
- Maintain inventory of buildings, vehicles, and inventory owned by ONC for insurance purposes
- Enroll & maintain a running list of staff that may use passes to the YK Fitness center through ONC. Monitor the number of passes remaining, track invoices, and submit payment to the vendor
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, monitoring adherence to internal policies and procedures, evaluating potential solutions, implementing selected solutions, coaching and counseling supervisors and employees & assisting with written reprimands per approval from the Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Familiarity of employment legislation and regulations as applicable to department program requirements
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Must be willing to work some evenings
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Knowledge of ONC programs/departments
- High-level computer skills
- Able to function in fast paced environment
- ONC Tribal member preferred
- Tribal Human Resource Certification preferred
- Supervisory skills
Working Conditions: Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasional prolonged standing/walking, and sitting.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com, fax to (907)543-2639, or Drop off a resume/cover letter & fill out an application at 117 Alex Hately Dr., Bethel, AK 99559. For more information, contact Maryssa Soots, at 907-543-2608.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org