Orutsararmiut Native Council
Department: Tribal Housing
Job Title: Tribal Housing Administrator
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Employment: Full-Time (7.5hrs a day, Monday – Friday)
Salary Range: $46,000+ per year, DOE
Reports to: Executive Director
Under general direction to plan and oversee the housing related activities under the Native American Housing Assistance and Self Determination Act (NAHASDA), and the Housing Improvement Program (HIP). Administer the modernization, construction and related activities for both programs.
● Plans, coordinates and supervises the Project Manager activities involving the improvement, modernization, operations and regulations for the identified homes, including the construction of new homes. Directs the work activity of modernization personnel through subordinate foreman and project manager. Directs the new construction activities through subordinate project manager.
● Directs the activities of the Development Specialist, Occupancy and Admissions Specialist, and Project Manager.
● Prepare annual Tribal Work Plans and budgets for NAHASDA and HIP.
● In coordination with the Project Manager, administer contracts for services, labor and material supply. Responsible for review and approval of all related expenditures to ensure funds are obligated in accordance with ONC, Federal and State regulations and procedures.
● Provide monthly reports. Prepare annual reports in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
● In coordination with the Project Manager, Development Specialist or Admissions and Occupancy Specialist, develop and maintain established department policies and procedures to ensure quality assurance and safety compliance.
● Assume administrative and fiscal responsibilities by maintaining weekly reports of construction progress.
● In coordination with the Project Manager, Development Specialist, or Admissions and Occupancy Specialist, determine budget needs involving capital improvements and operations and related matters. Prepare technical reports as required.
● In coordination with the Project Manager, anticipate and meet material and equipment needs to ensure timely and efficient completion of construction projects.
● Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings and training as assigned.
● Implement all Board of Directors directives.
● Responsible for procurement of needed services, equipment, materials and supplies in accordance with ONC Policies and Federal and State Regulations.
● Participate in educational programs and in-service meeting and trainings as needed.
● Attend meetings as required.
● Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
● Extensive knowledge of practices, procedures, materials and equipment typical for building construction, maintenance and operations appropriate for housing construction and repairs. Ability to locate, organize and report on a variety of records and procedures concerning building maintenance and operations, supply, insurance, contract administration, budgeting and reporting requirements. Prepare reports and recommendations. Familiar with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Department of Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) procurement procedures, regulations and reporting requirements.
Education and Experience:
● The Tribal Housing Administrator shall be hired on the basis of administrative qualifications with particular reference to education, training and experience as a professional program and grant administrator. Experience in grant writing preferred. Experience in the carpentry, mechanical and/or electrical fields necessary. Additionally, knowledge of current building and construction codes and customary practices and procedures required. Ability to anticipate equipment and personnel needs to ensure optimum and cost-efficient construction and repair operations are implemented. Experience with HUD, Indian Housing, BIA, and HIP programs preferred.
Working Conditions: Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasional prolonged standing/walking, and sitting.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (907)543-2639, or Drop off a resume/cover letter & fill out an application at 117 Alex Hately Dr., Bethel, AK 99559. For more information, contact Charlene Wuya, at 907-543-2608.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com