Youth Employment Service (YES) provides work experience in employment settings for Alaska Native and Native American Youth, ages 14-21, who reside in Bethel.
We concentrates on labor relations, resume development, work ethics, rights of employers and employees, and social adjustments in the work places.
YES was previously referred to as Summer Youth Employment & Training Program (SYETP).
- Must be Alaska Native and/or Native American, members of a federally-recognized tribe and/or have a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB), regardless of blood quantum, or tribal enrollment card noting they are Alaska Native/American Indian and/or show eligibility for Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Must reside in Bethel
- Eligibility may also be based on income requirements, for example for those who receive TANF or General Assistance, are unemployed or underemployed, or have income below the DHHS poverty level for Alaska
- Participants must be between the ages of 14 and 21
- Selection priority will be given to applicants who have not previously participated in similar youth employment services or already have work experience.
Qualified applicants will be required to attend a pre-employment orientation which includes the following training:
- Pre-employment paperwork – IRS I-9, IRS W-4, State of Alaska Work Permit, Worksite Agreement Form, ONC Payroll Action Form, Bi-weekly Timesheet and Evaluation review
- Employee Handbook, Grievance Policy, Sexual Harassment Policy and Reporting, Worksite Injury Reporting
- Employee Softskills