Senior Services Administrative Assistant:
On The Job Training, part time
Senior Services Administrative Assistant OJT will receive work training and experience 4 hours a day, five days a week for five months or whenever 500 hours is reached.
Job Training and duties will include:
- Data Entry using Microsoft Word & Excel and other computer programs
- Perform: Filing, faxing, typing, scanning and emailing
- Answer/transfer phone calls and take messages
- Other duties as assigned
- Be able to work with the Elders and general public in a positive & attentive manner
- Have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Yup’ik speaker preferred
- Must be reliable, willing to learn, and follow direction
- High School Education , GED and or some college experience
- Alaska Driver’s License
Hourly Rate: $17.00 hr/ No fringe benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Title: Tribal Court Clerk
Reports to: Social Services Director
General Description: Manages all requests for tribal court, including petitions,
scheduling, and maintaining files.
Processing all incoming petitions
Scheduling all court hearings and maintaining log of court activities
Assists with court proceedings, including recordings
Prepares, organizes and maintains files for all cases
Prepares all notices and delivers or certified mails to parties
Prepares documents for tribal adoptions
Prepares court orders if so directed by the justice
Provides assistance to petitioners with proper forms, codes
Responds to mail and telephone inquiries re tribal court
Maintains data base and provides information to tribal council and ONC
Demonstrate minimum of two years of successful experience working with
Willingness to complete additional training.
Ability to carry out job responsibilities as listed.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Intermediate level computer skills.
Willing to submit criminal background check.
Understands and follows confidentiality regulations
Status: Part time, currently twenty hours per week.
ONC is an equal opportunity employer. Within the concept of Native preference, all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national
origin or other non-merit factor.
Open until filled. Pick up an application at ONC office or Bethel Job Center. Call 543-
2608 for more information.
Orutsararmiut Native Council Tribal Operations Department
TRIBAL COURT ADMINISTRATOR
Reports to Self-Governance Coordinator
The Tribal Court Administrator is responsible for providing judicial leadership and management for the tribal court
and presiding over, supervising and assigning cases to judges, associate judges and pro temp judges. The Tribal
Court Administrator insures that all aspects of court administration are operating effectively and efficiently, allowing
the judges to devote their time to the administration of justice. Responsibilities include supervision and management
of the court clerk, administrative unit staff, preparing court budget, as well as updating and researching court codes,
overseeing court reports, public information, and insuring court documents are processed and filed effectively.
1. General management: planning, organizing, staffing, directing, controlling and coordinating the court
2. Personnel management: supervising, evaluating, developing training programs and disciplining court staff.
Insures court coverage, workload equalization and back up.
3. Financial management and budget preparation for Court(s).
4. Oversees the work of all court administrative unit staff.
5. Ensures that the court clerical duties are performed through delegation.
6. Conducts research and analysis of ordinances, codes and resolutions pertinent to the law and order of the
ONC Court system. Promptly giving all persons or agencies entitled thereto such notice of adopted codes.
7. Ensures that all required narrative or financial reports are written and submitted to Tribal Council,
Compliance Officer or Government Agencies.
8. Conducts research and/or prepares grants on financial resources available to the Court.
9. Facilitates court staffing and inter-agency staffing(s).
10. Facilitates or organizes training for court staff or tribal agencies that work closely with the court in Tribal
11. Manages all grants awarded to the Tribal Court and ensures that all funds are expended through applicable
College degree. Emphasis in law, justice, business administration or related field preferred. Equivalent combination
of experience and education may be substituted. A minimum of four (4) years demonstrated supervisory and/or
administration experience, with preference for court or legal experience. Must be willing to participate in training.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to: lead court room proceedings, peer judgment meetings, establish priorities and insure that all unit tasks are
accomplished in a timely and accurate manner; adjust staff assignments to meet court administration objectives;
communicates with other departments and agencies on court procedures to better coordinate court services; keeps
abreast of new laws and court procedures in order to adapt them to the tribal court system, apply general
management principles; establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials in local, state and
federal government and the private-sector. Must be skillful: in budgeting procedures; communicating effectively
orally and in writing, computer (MS) software. Must have knowledge of or experience in Alaska Native cultures or
languages, programs or affairs.
ONC is an equal opportunity employer. Within the concept of Native Preference, all applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or other non-merit factor(s).
Salary : $43,875.00
Tribal Court Justice position open, please apply and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the ONC Main Office!
Please note, this highly regarded position is an honorary volunteer position.
For more information, please contact Kristian Kasayulie at 907-543-2608
Tribal Court Justice Application